Qantas Founders Museum
24 March 2020 – Updated 23 April 2020
COVID- 19: CHANGES TO QANTAS FOUNDERS MUSEUM OPERATIONS AND EVENTS
Qantas Founders Museum has made the difficult decision to close its doors as of 4pm today, Tuesday 24 March 2020 until further notice for the safety of our staff, visitors and community.
This decision is made following the Prime Minister’s announcements on 22 March 2020 of additional action to support social distancing measures and advice for all non-essential services and businesses to close in order to minimise the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Museum and Qantas Centenary events will be affected by this decision with the following events postponed and new dates to be confirmed at a later date:
- Local Community Airpark Roof Launch – Sat 2 May 2020
- Red and White Gala – Saturday 20 June 2020
- “Icons of Australian Skies” Exhibition by Mark Wilson – 5 May – 2 August 2020
- Celebration of the Qantas Centenary Fly In – 14-16 August 2020
- October Centenary Gala Weekend – 2-4 October 2020
The following events have been cancelled:
- Creative Showcase with Topology – Saturday 4 April 2020
- Easter Egg Hunt – Sunday 12 May 2020
- School holidays activities from 7 April -16 April 2020 including our Cadets Tour and Night at the Museum.
- “Our Qantas, Our people” – Exhibition – 1 August – 31 December 2020
Qantas Founders Museum’s Qantas Centenary Birthday Week (16-22 November) is still scheduled to go ahead on the dates advertised.
For those who have booked tickets for the Red and White Gala or Celebration of the Qantas Centenary Fly In,refunds for your tickets will be organised.
We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and will provide any updates about the Museum and events on the Museum’s website and social media channels.
Our online Founders Store remains open for those who want to purchase Museum and Qantas Centenary souvenirs. Our online store can be found at: https://qfom.com.au/shop/
We also encourage you to continue to keep in touch and follow our Museum through our website and social media channels of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube.
This announcement is incredibly difficult to make and we know it will have a major impact on our Museum, staff and community.
We thank you for your patience and understanding in this unprecedented situation and for your ongoing support of our Museum.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Museum in the future and sharing the great story of Qantas with you once again. From our family to yours, stay safe everyone, we will get through this together.