Welcome to the Qantas Founders Museum
We are an independent not-for-profit community organization and registered charity, operating since 1996, to commemorate the ethos and preserve the material heritage of Qantas Airways Ltd.
QANTAS FOUNDERS MUSEUM IS OPEN!
Qantas Founders Museum will be open everyday from 9am – 4pm.
To meet with our Covid-19 Management Plan requirements, visitors MUST book online for all the Museum’s experiences including Museum admission, the Aircraft Tour, the Platinum Tour and the 747 Wing Walk Tour. Visitor numbers in our Museum and our tours are limited.
To book to visit our Museum please click on the links below:
For families (2 adults and 2 children aged 5 to 16 years), click HERE
For all other guests, please click HERE
- Our Airpark Tour will now operate with a maximum of 15 people per tour. The Airpark Tour times are as follows: 9.30am, 11am, 1pm and 2pm
- The 747 Wing Walk tours will operate with a maximum of 4 people per tour. The 747 Wing Walk Tour times are as follows: 11.30am, 1pm and 3pm
- The Platinum Tour will operate with a maximum of 4 people per tour. This tour is only available Monday to Friday at 8am. This tour requires 72 hours booking notice
- For those guests booked on the 747 Wing Walk Tour, please fill out the attached 747 Wing Walk Tour Waiver Form and either bring it with you on the day of your visit or email to email@example.com
- For those guests booked on the Platinum Tour, please fill out the attached form Platinum Tour Release and Indemnity Form and either bring it with you on the day of your visit or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Museum’s new Luminescent Longreach light and sound show experience will commence on 1 July 2020 with a maximum of 80 people per show session. Bookings are essential for this experience and can booked through the links above
- The Museum’s McGinness’ Restaurant will be open from 9am- 2pm
- Visitors will need to make a booking to eat in McGinness Restaurant. Bookings for the restaurant can be made by phone on 07 4658 3737 or with staff when visiting the Museum
- Any changes to operating and tour times will be updated on our website
The Museum has also introduced the following measures to minimise risk to visitors and staff:
- Social distancing signage and floor markings are placed in the Museum to encourage visitors to stay 1.5m apart.
- Regular cleaning throughout our Museum precinct
- Hand sanitizer will be available at various points throughout the Museum
- Museum and aircraft tour visitor numbers have been reduced
- Visitor flow and queue management measures
- Certain touch exhibits have been removed.
What visitors can do to minimise risk:
- Book before visiting the Museum
- If you feel unwell or are displaying symptoms of flu or a cold, please do not visit. If you display multiple symptoms of cold or flu (including a fever, cough, sore throat or difficulty breathing) you may be asked to leave the Museum.
- Please wash or santitise your hands regularly
- Please maintain social distancing of 1.5m
- Please do not touch exhibits
- We prefer payment by card within the Museum but will have cash facilities available if needed.
We would like to thank everyone who has contacted us over the last few weeks, planning to visit our Museum and region. Thank you for your patience and understanding as our Museum navigates our new restrictions and regulations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Museum sharing the incredible story of Qantas with you once again.