Qantas Centenary Birthday
16 Nov @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
On 16 November 2020, Australia’s national airline, Qantas Airways, will turn 100 and to celebrate this incredible milestone Qantas Founders Museum has a number of activities planned for the day:
- Free entry to the Museum – All visitors will enjoy FREE Museum entry on 16 November 2020
- Birthday cake – You cannot celebrate a birthday without birthday cake so at 10am Museum visitors will enjoy a special morning tea with a scrumptious birthday cake! Morning tea will include special local performances.
- Hangar tours – The Museum will provide two, one hour guided tours on the National Heritage Listed Qantas Hangar where guests will learn about the early days of Qantas and the history of this significant building. Guided Hangar Tours will be at 11am and 1pm.
- Curator Talk – At 11am, Museum Curator Tom Harwood, will present a talk about the history of Qantas, its trials and tribulations, its many innovations and how it changed Australian aviation and Australia as we know it today.
- Museum tours and experiences – Qantas Founders Museum aircraft tours and experiences including the new Luminescent Longreach night experience will operate as normal.
Under Covid restrictions, bookings are ESSENTIAL as spaces are limited for all of the Qantas Centenary planned activities and Museum tours and experiences.
To book for the Birthday Cake Morning Tea, Hangar tours and Curator Talk call 07 4658 3737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book Qantas Founders Museum’s experiences and tours including Museum entry go to: www.qfom.com.au
Visitors who have already booked Museum Admission or the Museum entry and Airpark Tour for 16 November will receive a refund for Museum entry.
This event is part of Qantas Founders Museum’s Celebration of the Qantas Centenary Program of Events.
Celebration of the Qantas Centenary Program of Events is funded under the Year of Outback Tourism Events Program.