2017 Museum Positions Vacancies
Customer Service Manager
Qantas Founders Museum is seeking a dynamic and experienced Customer Service Manager to join their team. All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter, current resume with referee contacts, and address all the Selection Criteria.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to PO Box 737 Longreach Qld 4730. Date for application submissions close 15th September 2017
Offered: A competitive salary & excellent working environment.
Supervise the customer service delivery for all reception, restaurant front of house, tour operations and retail sales operations.
- Manage the performance of all customer service staff and tour guides.
- Manage and train new staff for the front of house (except kitchen), museum and tour guiding operations.
- Conduct guided tours when required to do so to remain current and competent.
- Development and publish (subject to CEO approval) duty rosters which are appropriate to business needs and budgets.
- Liaise with the head cook/chef and events/functions coordinator to ensure the correct staffing levels and efficient operation of all functions and events.
- in the absence of the Retail Manager, supervise the maintenance of current merchandise displays, housekeeping and stock replenishment of the Founders Store.
- Supervise the food delivery and the beverage services in the restaurant.
- Provide advice and service (in conjunction with the head cook/chef) for the maintenance of an appropriate menu range and daily specials.
- Provide advice and service to the Administration Manager for the purchase of all restaurant (front of house) food items and alcohol for restaurant and function requirements liaising with the events and functions coordinator.
- Provide reports, feedback and suggestions at a weekly managers meeting.
- Must be available to work regular weekends and occasional evening functions.
Please Address all Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the tourism/hospitality or similar industry.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to successfully lead and manage a committed team towards shared goals and identified objectives.
- The ability to interpret client needs into a saleable product and/or event for their visit to the museum.
- Proven experience in supervising complex, multi-faceted events and functions.
- Demonstrated ability in staff management, training and development.
- Demonstrated Cash Handling ability.
- Personal presentation and communication skills at a level appropriate to complement the diverse client mix experienced by the museum.
- A competent working knowledge of computer programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
Qantas Founders Museum is seeking an experienced, energetic and creative Head Chef to join our multi award winning team. McGinness’ Restaurant operates 7 days a week for breakfast and lunch and the museum also hosts a variety of functions and events, ranging from 20 to 200 people throughout the year.
- Proven experience in running a commercial kitchen as Head Chef or above
- Relevant training and/or educational catering certifications
- Be creative and able to produce daily specials
- Experience in stock control
- Ability to manage, train and maintain a productive catering team
- Experience and shown capabilities for catering to large events
- A customer focussed team player
Competitive salary and excellent working conditions. Our restaurant operates between 0900 and 1500 and is open everyday of the year except Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Please send resume with covering letter addressing the position requirements to email@example.com or mailed to CEO at Qantas Founders Museum, PO Box 737 Longreach Qld 4730.