Plan Your Visit
Thank you planning to visit Qantas Founders Museum. Here is some helpful information you need to know before you visit:
- HOW TO BOOK – For all our tours and experiences, bookings are essential as spaces are limited. To book to visit our Museum please click on the links below:
For families (2 adults and 2 children aged 5 to 16 years), click HERE
For all other guests, please click HERE
Please note guests are not able to book Museum experiences and tours online on the day the experience and tour takes place. In this instance, please can call the Museum on 07 4658 3737 or enquire about availability on arrival.
For more information about visiting the museum, please read below:
- OPENING TIMES – Qantas Founders Museum is open seven days a week. From July to October 2020, we are open 9am – 4pm and from October 2020 – 31 March 2021 we are open 9am – 3pm.
- TOURS AND EXPERIENCES – We have a number of tours and experiences for visitors to enjoy including our new Luminescent Longreach show. These experiences are available daily. Please check our Admissions Page for information about prices, tour times, the duration of the experiences and what to expect.
- VISITING THE MUSEUM – Museum admission includes the Main Museum building and exhibition hall, the Catalina Display and the National Heritage Listed Qantas Hangar. Those visiting the Museum can expect to spend 2-4 hours in the Museum. For those guests who have booked an Airpark Tour and/or 747 Wing Walk Tour, you can visit the Museum before the Airpark Tour. We highly recommend this for the afternoon tours as you may not have enough time to enjoy the museum after your tour.
- 747 WING WALK AND PLATINUM TOUR WAIVER FORMS – For those guests booked on the 747 Wing Walk Tour, please fill out the attached 747 Wing Walk Tour Waiver Form and either bring it with you on the day of your visit or email it to email@example.com. For those guests booked on the Platinum Package, please fill out the attached form Platinum Tour Release and Indemnity Form and either bring it with you on the day of your visit or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LUMINESCENT LONGREACH EXPERIENCE – This experience goes for 20 minutes. To get the full experience, guests will be standing for the duration of the show. If you require a chair, please let a staff member on the night know. Please arrive 15 minutes before the show time and entry is through the Old Terminal.
- LUMINESCENT LONGREACH START TIMES – Every month the start times for the Luminescent Longreach show will change due to the changing of the sunset times i.e. later in the Summer months and earlier in the Winter months. When booking online please click on the drop down menu for the show times to show availability. In August the first show will be at 6.30pm and in September the first show will be at 6.45pm.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS – For the 747 Wing Walk Tour and Platinum tour, there is a minimum age of 12 years old for these tours. For guests 12-18 years old, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over 18 years old.
- McGINNESS RESTAURANT – The Museum’s McGinness’ Restaurant will be open from 9am- 2pm. Visitors need to make a booking for McGinness’ Restaurant. Bookings for the restaurant can be made by phone on 07 4658 3737 or with staff when visiting the Museum
- CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS OLD – Children under five years old receive free entry to the Museum and Airpark tours. When making a booking online, you are not able to book children under 5 years old so please include their names in the comments section of the booking.
- BOOKING A FAMILY– Please note our booking system cannot book more than one family at a time to receive the discounted price.
- SPECIAL NEEDS – If you or those traveling with you have any special needs, please contact us on 07 4658 3737 or email email@example.com
- QANTAS STAFF – Past and current Qantas staff receive free entry to the Museum and discount rates on the Airpark Tour. To receive this discount you must produce your ID card. For more information, please contact the museum at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Museum has also introduced the following measures to minimise risk to visitors and staff:
- Social distancing signage and floor markings are placed in the Museum to encourage visitors to stay 1.5m apart.
- Regular cleaning throughout our Museum precinct
- Hand sanitizer is available at various points throughout the Museum
- Museum and Aircraft Tour visitor numbers have been reduced
- Visitor flow and queue management measures
- Certain touch exhibits have been removed.
What visitors can do to minimise risk:
- Book online before visiting the Museum
- If you feel unwell or are displaying symptoms of flu or a cold, please do not visit. If you display multiple symptoms of cold or flu (including a fever, cough, sore throat or difficulty breathing) you may be asked to leave the Museum.
- Please wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Please maintain social distancing of 1.5m
- Please do not touch exhibits.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as our Museum navigates our new restrictions and regulations. We look forward to welcoming you to our Museum